The Belgian Shepherd Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A chat based forum dedicated to the Belgian Shepherd dogs of the world. Groenendael, Tervueren, Malinois & Laeknois, working or pets GSD's & cross breeds all welcome.

Nice To Meet You

Wally'sMom

Nice To Meet You Empty Nice To Meet You

Post  Wally'sMom Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi, I'm Wally's mom. I have a 2 year old Belgian Shepherd that I adopted this summer in July. He brings me so much joy. His former family had been taken in by his good looks, but was overwhelmed by the adult dog that he grew into. To be honest to spite having owned a lot of dogs, I wasn't totally prepared for Wally. It was like dating someone way more athletic than me : )

He's amazingly smart and his energy level is out of this world. I thought I was active, but he puts me to shame. He requires a full two hours of hard exercise a day. Wally is the smartest dog I've ever owned. He opens his crate door, turns on light switches, knows the names of his toys, and seems to know what time I leave and come home from work, because my husband tells me he waits by the door.

He was the darling of obedience school-you'd never know the antics that he pulls at home. He's a mama's boy. I've never felt so loved and protected by a dog before in my life. I'm in love with my belgian shepherd. Is Wally typical of the breed?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:17 am