The Belgian Shepherd Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A chat based forum dedicated to the Belgian Shepherd dogs of the world. Groenendael, Tervueren, Malinois & Laeknois, working or pets GSD's & cross breeds all welcome.

Hello new member here

NicoleW

Hello new member here Empty Hello new member here

Post  NicoleW Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Nicole and I have a beautiful albeit a tad strange dog called Duke. He is 17 months old currently and I swear he's my soulmate (bit strange I know!)

We're not sure what breed he is, we *think* he has some BSD in him. I'll post a pic so you guys can give me your expert opinion.

He is an all round good dog, though he will only listen to me and tends to ignore other people who give him commands. He's great with dogs, walks well on a lead (after a long time training, nightmare) he has 99% recall, he's not really the type of dog to go running up to people for a fuss and will only let certain people stroke him otherwise he turns tail and walks away when they try.

The only problem I have with him is he randomly barks/howls at SOME strangers, no idea what the trigger is but hey ho! You can't have it all.

Anyway here is Duke
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:10 pm